TOURISM. You can:
- visit nearby Etruscan sites ( Archaeological sites in Roselle, Sovana, Pitigliano).
- visit historical cities (Grosseto, Siena, Firenze, Roma).
- visit main sea side locations (such as Argentario and Punta Ala).
- relax in thermal waters ( Saturnia).
SPORT. You can:
- do excursions on horse back organised by nearby riding schools inside and outside the Natural Park of Maremma.
- canoe down the river Ombrone all the way to the sea.
- hire bicycles and enjoy nature along the cycle lanes that take you directly to the sea.
- go scuba diving.
- do fishing.
- play tennis.
NATURE. You can:
- do bird watching.
- go on guided tours on excursions of different levels of difficulty within the Natural Park of Maremma.
In Alberese: On 1 May, traditional “Merca del Bestiame”. An exhibition of the local cowboys with branding of the animals and taming of the wild horses.
Madonnino area, near the village of Braccagni. “ Game Fair”, the most important event in Italy dedicated to hunting activites, clay pigeon shooting and the outdoors.
JULY AND AUGUST
Village fairs in nearby villages and Alberese itself.
In Alberese, “il Rodeo della Rosa” (Rodeo of the Rose), when the “Butteri” show off their skills.
In Alberese “Festambiente” festival (Environmental festival full of events, local food, international music concerts).
SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER
These months are full of event that are related to typically autumnal produce in Maremma, such as mushrooms, olive oil, wine and game.